Eastern University's Early Childhood Education Certification program prepares excellent teachers and educational practitioners who can serve in a variety of early learning and elementary school settings. Students are trained to communicate effectively, think critically, embrace cultural and linguistic diversity, utilize technology appropriately, practice inclusive interventions, learn independently and collaboratively, and serve competently in their chosen field. This program is designed for students who are interested in obtaining the Certification in Early Childhood Education (PK-4).
- Location: Online
- Delivery: 100% Online (with no required live online sessions except for the Student Teaching Seminar, which requires live online sessions.)
- Length: Varies based on incoming credits and credit load per semester. Typically completed in 12-24 months.
- Start Dates: Every 7 Weeks - May 2023 Onward
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates. Plus, if you already have a degree from EU, check out our Alumni Discount!
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal and state financial aid options that may be available to you. Students already teaching in early childhood education programs may be eligible for the T.E.A.C.H. Pennsylvania Scholarship Program. Learn more below! Submit your FAFSA to determine your eligibility for all financial aid.
100% Online. Finish in 12-24 Months. 4 Starts Per Year.
- Courses offered online and throughout the summer sessions
- Students may student teach at the program where they are employed, as long as the program where they work meets basic criteria
- Faculty with experience in teaching, research, and program evaluation in Early Childhood settings
- The ability to combine coursework to obtain both the PK-4 Certification and PA Director Credential
- Commitment to Autism Training: Continue into the MEd in Special Education and Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Applied Behavior Analysis with this program. Eastern is passionate about serving those on the Autism Spectrum through our College Success Program and with the Devereux CARES Campus Transition Partnership
Learn More: Why Eastern?
Please check the State Authorizations page to determine if Eastern University’s program fulfills your state credentialing requirements. Students who seek similar credentialing in states other than Pennsylvania are advised to contact the appropriate credentialing agency within their home state to seek information and additional guidance about credentialing in your state of residence. Additional state or local district requirements may exist for field placements in this state. Out-of-state student placements cannot be guaranteed by the program or the College of Education and Behavioral Sciences. Students are responsible for following all state and local district requirements and regulations for their field placement.