Eastern University is committed to the task of equipping its graduates to comprehend and apply the knowledge, concepts, and skills essential for successful middle level instruction, grades 4-8. The program is designed to promote the delivery of a high quality teacher preparation program which is aligned to the state academic standards. The intent is to produce new teachers who will understand and successfully apply learning principles in the classroom. The needs and interests of middle level students and their schools are at the center of the program.
This program can be combined with an MEd in Multicultural Education.
- Location: Online
- Delivery: 100% Online (with no required live online sessions except for the Student Teaching Seminar, which requires live online sessions.)
- Length: Varies based on incoming credits and credit load per semester. Typically completed in 8-24 months.
- Enrolling New Students: August, January, May, and June
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates. Receive a 20% Alumni Discount if you earned a degree from EU!
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal and state financial aid options that may be available to you.
- Individualized program of study created for each student based on previously completed coursework and PDE requirements
- Intern certificate eligibility
- Multiple concentration options
- Specialize in working with students on the Autism Spectrum by continuing into the MEd in Special Education and Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Applied Behavior Analysis. Eastern is passionate about serving those on the Autism Spectrum through our College Success Program and with the Devereux CARES Campus Transition Partnership.
For course descriptions, see our course catalog.
Single Area Concentrations
- English/Reading Concentration and Focus in Social Studies, Science and Math
- Math Concentration and Focus in English/Reading, Science and Social Studies
- Science Concentration and Focus in English/Reading, Math and Social Studies
- Social Studies Concentration and Focus in English/Reading, Science and Math
Combined Concentrations are also available
Learn More: Why Eastern?
Please check the State Authorizations page to determine if Eastern University’s program fulfills your state credentialing requirements. Students who seek similar credentialing in states other than Pennsylvania are advised to contact the appropriate credentialing agency within their home state to seek information and additional guidance about credentialing in your state of residence. Additional state or local district requirements may exist for field placements in this state. Out-of-state student placements cannot be guaranteed by the program or the College of Education. Students are responsible for following all state and local district requirements and regulations for their field placement.