The program is designed for students who are interested in pursuing a certification in PreK-4 with Elementary Special Education (PreK-8). Students need not have a background in education to apply, making this program perfect for career changers and those with a variety of educational backgrounds. Upon completion, students can easily transition into one of our Master of Education programs.
- Location: Main Campus: St. Davids
- Delivery: Online*, on-ground and blended courses available. (*All courses have online options except the student teaching seminar.)
- Enrolling New Students: August, January, May, and June
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates. Receive a 20% Alumni Discount if you earned a degree from EU!
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal and state financial aid options that may be available to you. Students can also utilize the Rising Stars Tuition Assistance program, which pays 95% of tuition costs for eligible college coursework taken by early learning professionals (maximum benefit of $6,000 each fiscal year).
- Courses offered online, on-ground, and throughout the summer sessions
- Students may student teach at the program where they are employed, as long as the program where they work meets basic criteria
- Faculty with experience in teaching, research, and program evaluation in Early Childhood settings
- The ability to combine coursework to obtain both the Pre K through 4th Certification, Elementary Special Education (PreK-8), and PA Director Credential
- Commitment to Autism Training: Include our Autism Endorsement in your coursework or continue into the MEd in Special Education and Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Applied Behavior Analysis. Eastern is passionate about serving those on the Autism Spectrum through our College Success Program and with the Devereux CARES Campus Transition Partnership.