Rooted in the expertise of our Philadelphia area Nursing Department, the fully online School Nurse certification program is committed to preparing professionals to function effectively in settings in which children and youth are served. The mission of the program is to produce outstanding health professionals who are committed to meeting the needs of a diverse population and to their holistic development.
This online, professional education program meets the requirements for the Education Specialist 1 (K-12) Certification in School Nurse in Pennsylvania.
- Location/Delivery: Online
- Enrolling New Students: August, January, May, and June
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates. Receive a 20% Alumni Discount if you earned a degree from EU!
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal financial aid options that may be available to you.
This program has been approved for meeting the Chapter 49: Accommodations and Adaptations for Diverse Learners in Inclusive Settings and English Language Learners requirements (PDE-2/29/2012).
Online, Philadelphia area School Nurse Certification program
- The program consists of 4 core courses geared specifically toward the activities and responsibilities of a school nurse
- Excellent instructors who are all certified school nurses
- Students can complete their certification in a year or less while continuing to work full-time
- This 12-credit certificate can also be applied toward the MEd in School Health Services, with an additional 18 credits required
*Applicants must hold a current PA licensure as a registered nurse and a bachelor's degree.
PA Certification Requirements
- An existing GPA of 3.0
- Successful completion of course requirements in this certification area
- Bachelor's degree
- PA RN License