Rooted in the expertise of our Philadelphia area Nursing Department, the fully online School Nurse certification program is committed to preparing professionals to function effectively in settings in which children and youth are served. Our mission is to produce outstanding health professionals who are committed to meeting the needs of a diverse population and to their holistic development. This program meets the requirements for the Education Specialist 1 (PK-12) Certification in School Nurse in Pennsylvania.
- Location/Delivery: 100% Online
- Length: 12 credits; typically completed in 6-12 months
- Enrolling New Students: August, January, May, and June
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates. See below for discount opportunities.
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal financial aid options that may be available to you.
Online, Philadelphia area School Nurse Certification program
- Only 4 courses: The program consists of 4 core courses geared specifically toward the activities and responsibilities of a school nurse
- Excellent instructors who are certified school nurses and educators with practical experience
- 1 year or less: Students can complete their certification in a year or less while continuing to work full-time
*Applicants must hold a current PA licensure as a registered nurse and a bachelor's degree.
Apply credits toward a Master's
This certificate can also be applied toward the MEd in School Health Services, with an additional 18 credits required, or can be applied to the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Online Nurse Educator Program with an additional 25 credits required.
PA Certification Requirements
- An existing GPA of 3.0
- Successful completion of course requirements in this certification area
- Bachelor's degree
- PA RN License
This program has been approved for meeting the Chapter 49: Accommodations and Adaptations for Diverse Learners in Inclusive Settings and English Language Learners requirements (PDE-2/29/2012).