This program is designed to prepare students to teach Chemistry in grades 7-12. To be able to teach chemistry in a Pennsylvania (PA) public secondary school, students must have an undergraduate major in Chemistry or the equivalent in the area of certification. If not, students may be required to take additional courses in their major in addition to secondary education requirements. Observation and teaching in an approved classroom with guidance and evaluation is required.
- Location: Online
- Delivery: 100% Online (with no required live online sessions except for the Student Teaching Seminar, which requires live online sessions.)
- Length: Varies based on incoming credits and credit load per semester. Typically completed in 12-24 months.
- Enrolling New Students: August, January, May, and June
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates. Receive a 20% Alumni Discount if you earned a degree from EU!
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal and state financial aid options that may be available to you
- Courses offered online and throughout the summer sessions
- Individualized program of study created for each student waiving previously completed coursework and outlining current PDE requirements
- Intern certificate availability
- Commitment to Training: Continue into the MEd in Special Education and Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Applied Behavior Analysis programs. Eastern is passionate about serving those on the Autism Spectrum through our College Success Program and with the Devereux CARES Campus Transition Partnership