The online early childhood director course work at Eastern University is part of the requirement for the Pennsylvania Director Credential offered through the PA Keys. The three courses in this program help prepare those working in Early Childhood centers gain the leadership skills necessary to direct a high quality Early Childhood program. This course work is necessary for directors in STAR 3 & 4 and Head Start programs. Credits earned through Eastern University’s Director Credential Program can be applied towards our Certification and MEd programs.
- Location/Delivery: Online
- Enrolling New Students: August, January, May, and June
- Length: Varies based on incoming credits and credit load per semester. Typically completed in 8-12 months.
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates. Receive a 20% Alumni Discount if you earned a degree from EU!
- Financial Aid: Eligible students can apply for tuition assistance through the TEACH program through the Office of Financial Aid which pays 95% of tuition costs for eligible college coursework taken by early learning professionals. (Maximum benefit of $6,000 each fiscal year.)
- Understand the importance of integrating knowledge of child development and education in program design and management
- Learn to articulate the rationale/theory/research behind developmentally appropriate practice
- Be able to effectively implement knowledge of DAP in program design and management
- Communicate and model DAP to parents and staff
- Apply the principles of effective management practices to an early childhood program
Coursework requirements include:
Online course work
- Field work
- Short & Long-term projects
- Scholarly & Practitioner-based readings
- Scholarly writing & reflection
- Classroom Assignments
- Class discussions/ presentations
Don't have your bachelor's yet?
This program is designed for students who already have a bachelor's degree. Don't have your bachelor's yet? Check out our related undergraduate program: Early Childhood Director (Adult Accelerated).