Eastern University's 100% online School Principal Certification will lead you through new educational challenges and models, while building your capacity for strategic thinking and effective action. The program integrates internship experiences with those of the classroom, so that your entire program is field-based. The successful completion of this program will prepare students to administrate as a PK-12 Principal or Assistant Principal.
- Location: Online
- Length: Varies based on incoming credits and credit load per semester. Typically completed in 9-24 months.
- Delivery: Online
- Enrolling New Students: August, January, and May
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates. Receive a 20% Alumni Discount if you earned an undergraduate degree from EU!
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal and state financial aid options that may be available to you.
100% Online Principal Certification - PA - Rooted in Philadelphia
- All online courses for student flexibility
- Field-based practice that challenges your thinking and creativity
- The integration of Christian faith and values
- A global and multicultural perspective on education
- Experienced faculty who combine theory and practice in their teaching
- Easily combined with the MEd in Educational Leadership
Applicants must have completed three years of satisfactory professional school experience before being admitted to the program.
PA Certification Requirements
Applicants must fulfill the following requirements before being recommended for a PA certification in their certification area.
- An exiting GPA of 3.0
- Successful completion of course requirements
- Successful completion of PRAXIS II test
- Internship (360 hours) in their certification area
- 3 years of professional school experience (teaching, guidance counselor, etc.)
Learn More: Why Eastern?
Please check the State Authorizations page to determine if Eastern University’s program fulfills your state credentialing requirements. Students who seek similar credentialing in states other than Pennsylvania are advised to contact the appropriate credentialing agency within their home state to seek information and additional guidance about credentialing in your state of residence. Additional state or local district requirements may exist for field placements in this state. Out-of-state student placements cannot be guaranteed by the program or the College of Education. Students are responsible for following all state and local district requirements and regulations for their field placement.