This program is designed to prepare students to teach English in grades 7-12. To be able to teach English in a Pennsylvania (PA) public secondary school, students must hold a degree in English or the equivalent. In addition to completing requirements in their major, they need to fulfill secondary education requirements. Observation and teaching in an approved classroom with guidance and evaluation is required.
- Location: Main Campus: St. Davids | Falls Center: Philadelphia
- Delivery: Blended (combination of on-ground and online coursework)
- Enrolling New Students: August, January, May, and June
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates. Receive a 20% Alumni Discount if you earned a degree from EU!
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal and state financial aid options that may be available to you
- Courses offered online, on-ground in the evenings, and throughout the summer sessions
- Individualized program of study created for each student waiving previously completed coursework and outlining current PDE requirements
- Intern certificate availability
- Ability to apply courseworks toward our MEd programs
- Commitment to Autism Training: Include our Autism Endorsement in your coursework or continue into the MEd in Special Education and Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Applied Behavior Analysis. Eastern is passionate about serving those on the Autism Spectrum through our College Success Program and with the Devereux CARES Campus Transition Partnership