Eastern University's Certification in World Language Education (PK-12) prepares excellent teachers and educational practitioners who can serve in a variety of school settings. Students are trained to communicate effectively, think critically, embrace cultural and linguistic diversity, utilize technology appropriately, practice inclusive interventions, learn independently and collaboratively, and serve competently in their chosen field.
This program is designed for students who are interested in obtaining the following certifications:
- Certification in Spanish Language Education (PK-12)
- Certification in French Language Education (PK-12)
- Certification in Mandarin Language Education (PK-12)
- Location: Online
- Delivery: 100% Online (with no required live online sessions except for the Student Teaching Seminar, which requires live online sessions.)
- Start Dates: Every 7 Weeks
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates. Plus, if you already have a degree from EU, check out our Alumni Discount!
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal and state financial aid options that may be available to you
Meets PDE Requirements for Spanish, French, or Mandarin Teaching Certification
- Courses offered online and throughout the summer sessions
- Individualized program of study created for each student waiving previously completed coursework and outlining current PDE requirements
- Intern certificate availability
- Ability to apply courseworks toward our MEd programs
- Commitment to Autism Training: Continue into the MEd in Special Education and Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Applied Behavior Analysis with this program. Eastern is passionate about serving those on the Autism Spectrum through our College Success Program and with the Devereux CARES Campus Transition Partnership
PA Certification Requirements
Applicants must fulfill the following requirements before being recommended for a PA certification in their certification area.
- An exiting GPA of 3.0
- Successful Completion of course requirements in their certification area
- Successful Completion of PRAXIS II test, or ACTFL test as appropriate and fundamental subjects: content knowledge (#0511/5511)
- Student Teaching in their certification area
Learn More: Why Eastern?
Please check the State Authorizations page to determine if Eastern University’s program fulfills your state credentialing requirements. Students who seek similar credentialing in states other than Pennsylvania are advised to contact the appropriate credentialing agency within their home state to seek information and additional guidance about credentialing in your state of residence. Additional state or local district requirements may exist for field placements in this state. Out-of-state student placements cannot be guaranteed by the program or the College of Education and Behavioral Sciences. Students are responsible for following all state and local district requirements and regulations for their field placement.