The BA in Music with a Concentration in Instrumental Performance is designed for students interested in a career as a professional performer. Students will study with esteemed and experienced faculty who will prepare them for the demands of a career in the music industry, focusing on technical proficiency, musical growth and continued spiritual development. This concentration ultimately prepares students for graduate level study and professional ensemble auditions.
Audition: An audition is required for acceptance into the music major. More Information.
With a BA in Music with a Concentration in Instrumental Performance, students are prepared to enter careers as a:
- Solo Artist (classical, jazz, contemporary, etc.)
- Private Studio/School Instructor
- Orchestral Ensemble Musician (requires audition)
- Theater (Pit) Orchestra Musician
- Commercial Musician/Sideman (cruise ships, wedding bands, etc.)
- Freelance Composer/Arranger
- Music Copying/Publishing
Why Choose Eastern?
- This course of study provides an excellent general education combined with rigorous training in an area of emphasis, music composition, jazz studies, music education, and music theory.
- This concentration provides not only the creative and technical aspects of instrumental performance, but also incorporates technology and performing areas of music as well.
- Eastern’s close proximity to Philadelphia, New York and Washington, DC, affords access to an abundance of musical and cultural events, as well as opportunities for networking.
- Audition for dedicated music scholarships
- Faculty consists of performer-scholars and award winning composers
- Nearby Philadelphia and the historic Main Line provide ample opportunities for internships, performance experience, and involvement with art organizations
- Commitment to professional and relational integrity
* Requires a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 and recommendations from the Chair of the Music Department.