- You must have a bachelor’s degree from an institutionally accredited and endorsed by CHEA institution with an overall grade-point average of 2.5 or better.
- One class in the Introduction to Cultural Anthropology is required, with a grade of C or better. Candidates lacking the introductory course may take it online through Eastern University in the summer before enrolling.
Step 1: Please submit all of the following:
- Application: Completed and signed - Apply Online Now!
- Two Recommendations: One professional and one academic. The professional reference should be from an employer, pastor, or other person in leadership, and the academic reference should be from a teacher or professor. (Exceptions can be made to this policy.) Both recommendations should be in the form of letters of reference and submitted to Online Application Portal.
- Official Transcript(s) from the degree conferring undergraduate institution you have attended. An additional official transcript will be needed to reflect the Introduction to Cultural Anthropology course if you have taken it at an institution other than where your undergraduate degree was completed. Submit the Request for Official College Transcript and the Admissions Office will request your transcript(s) on your behalf.
- Current Resume: Describing your work and educational history.
- Statement of Purpose: A 2-3 page double spaced paper describing a bit about your background and why you would like to apply to this program at this time. Also describe how you see this program advancing your work or ministry for the future.
- Faith Statement: It is not necessary to be a Christian to be a student in this program. However, the program draws heavily on theology and incorporates Christian faith and experience into all of the studies. Please submit a 2-3 page double spaced paper describing your faith background so that we can begin to get to know you.
Step 2: After receiving your letter of acceptance you will need to:
- Submit a New Student Enrollment Form for registration (for which you will receive instructions by email).
- Submit a $150 tuition deposit.
- Beginning with core classes.
- Beginning with elective classes and starting the core the following fall.
- At least 4.5 credits must be taken per semester to qualify for financial aid.
- The core classes for the program must be taken together in one academic year (2.5 classes per semester). Electives can be taken before, during or after the core.