- You must have a bachelor’s degree from a college or university that is institutionally accredited and endorsed by CHEA with an overall grade-point average of 2.5 or better.
- One class in the Introduction to Cultural Anthropology is required, with a grade of C or better. Candidates lacking the introductory course may take it online through Eastern University in the summer before enrolling.
Step 1: Please submit all of the following:
- Application: Completed and signed - Apply Online Now!
- Official Transcript(s) from the degree conferring undergraduate institution you have attended. An additional official transcript will be needed to reflect the Introduction to Cultural Anthropology course if you have taken it at an institution other than where your undergraduate degree was completed.
- How to Request a Transcript: View FAQs about requesting a transcript from your previous school(s).
- Current Resume: Describing your work and educational history.
- Essay: This is a program that brings Christian theology into an in depth study of cultural anthropology. Please write a 2-3 double-spaced page essay using the following prompt:
- 1.) Describe your intellectual and spiritual background to date
- 2.) Describe how this degree might assist you personally or professionally going forward.
Step 2: After receiving your letter of acceptance you will need to:
- Submit a New Student Enrollment Form for registration (for which you will receive instructions by email).
- Submit a $150 tuition deposit.
Entry Term Details
Fall Semester (August)
- If you begin in August, your curriculum will begin with core classes.
Spring Semester (January)
- If you begin in January, your curriculum will begin with elective classes and move to core courses in the fall.
- At least 4.5 credits must be taken per semester to qualify for financial aid.
- The core classes for the program must be taken together in one academic year (2.5 classes per semester). Electives can be taken before, during or after the core.