Why Major in Nursing?
Eastern University's Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) provides exceptional academics, personalized faculty attention, and dynamic clinical experiences to pre-licensure students. Graduates are equipped to safely provide professional nursing care in varied clinical practice settings.
BSN students will gain hands-on experience in Eastern’s on-campus Nursing Resource & Simulation Lab and off-campus clinical agencies. Students will work with award-winning faculty and staff who are dedicated to guiding them through their nursing education. In higher-level courses, students will have the opportunity to focus on specific areas of study, including Pediatric Nursing, Holistic Family Nursing and Maternal Child Nursing. Our faith-based community enriches student learning as inspiring Christian values and ethics are incorporated into the program.
Why Choose Eastern?
- Outstanding Licensure Exam Pass Rates: The Eastern University NCLEX-RN pass rate average for the last five years is over 95% (for first time candidates for licensure as a Registered Nurse.) Our dedicated faculty excellently prepares Eastern students to successfully sit for the NCLEX-RN exam and achieve licensure as a registered nurse.
- Expert Faculty; Personalized Attention: Our team of expert professors are experienced clinicians as well as distinguished scholars, including former President of the PA Higher Ed Nursing Schools Association, Dr. Mary Anne Peters, and recipient of the 2011 American Holistic Nurses Association Nurse of the Year award, Dr. Christine Jackson. With our small class sizes and 12:1 student to faculty ratio, students receive personalized attention and support from their professors.
- Nursing Resource & Simulation Lab: Our state-of-the-art nursing lab provides opportunities for students to learn through simulated hospital and practice experiences.
- Clinical Experience: Comprehensive hands-on clinical experience is available at regional hospitals, health care facilities, and community settings. Eastern nursing students have been awarded highly competitive paid externships at prestigious healthcare agencies, such as Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
- Student Nursing Organizations: Eastern offers active chapters of the Student Nurses Association of PA (SNAP) and Delta Tau Chapter-at-Large of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing.
- Holistic Endorsement: The School of Nursing at Eastern is endorsed by the American Holistic Nurses Certification Corporation.
- Well-Rounded College Experience: At Eastern, you can major in nursing while also competing as an NCAA DIII athlete, being part of the Leadership Fellows Program, or enjoying a wide variety of enriching clubs and activities. You'll gain the highest quality academic preparation while also making the most of your college experience.
State-of-the-Art Nursing Lab
View Eastern Nursing Photos
Please check the State Authorizations page to determine if Eastern University’s program fulfills your state credentialing requirements. Students who seek similar credentialing in states other than Pennsylvania are advised to contact the appropriate credentialing agency within their home state to seek information and additional guidance about credentialing in your state of residence. Additional state or local requirements may exist for field placements or practica in this state. Out-of-state student placements/practica cannot be guaranteed by the program or the College of Health and Sciences. Students are responsible for following all state and local requirements and regulations for their field placement/practica coursework.