Where are classes located?

Classes are currently being held at Eastern University's main campus which is located 30 minutes west of Philadelphia, in St. Davids, Pennsylvania.

When are classes held and is your program offered online?

Classes are held Monday - Thursday either at 4:30PM or 7:15PM. Our Graduate Counseling and Psychology programs are not fully online but we do offer some online classes.

How many courses can I take each semester?

We offer Full-Time and Part-Time tracks. In the regular fall and spring semesters, the full academic load is 9 credits (3 courses) and the part time academic load is 6 credits (2 courses). In the Summer Sessions, the recommended course load is 3 credits (1 course) per session. For more than 6 credits per session, students will need approval from their Student Success Advisor prior to the beginning of the semester.

How can I fit school in with the rest of my life, especially with the kind of work schedule I have?

All of our students are working either full or part time. Our program is designed for the adult student who has responsibilities at work and at home. Classes are scheduled during the evening, Monday - Thursday either at 4:30 pm or 7:15 pm as well as some online classes.

How long does it take to complete the program?

  • MA in Counseling - 3 years (full-time) or 4 years (part-time).
Are the courses for the Behavior Analyst certification pre-approved by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB)?

Our program has a Verified Course Sequence that meets the educational requirements for the Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) examination.

Does the MA in Clinical Counseling program prepare you for licensure?

Yes. The core curriculum for all 3 program tracks (MA in Counseling, MA in Counseling with concentration in Applied Behavior Analysis, and MA in Counseling with concentration in Trauma Studies) all meet the educational requirements for Licensed Professional Counselors in Pennsylvania. See the Requirements.


The MA in Clinical Counseling is accredited by the Master's in Psychology and Counseling Accreditation Council (MPCAC) for the period of August 2014 through August 2024. Advantages of MPCAC accreditation:

  • Inclusion on a professional level: MPCAC values the unique history of the counseling field which intersects with both counseling psychology and psychology. Along with most experienced clinicians serving clients, MPCAC recognizes the benefit to the public in continuing to overlap these disciplines in counselor training. Students with backgrounds in psychology are welcome to apply and build upon their existing knowledge in preparation for becoming professional counselors.
  • Inclusion on a personal level:MPCAC is deeply committed to promoting culturally responsive services that promote the public good. Their strong emphasis on diversity and social justice aligns with Eastern's foundational commitments to justice, reconciliation, and transformation.
Can I transfer in credits from another college?

A maximum of nine graduate semester credits may be transferred from another accredited graduate program with the approval of the director of the appropriate program and the dean. (Transfer credit is not accepted in accelerated, self-contained degree programs.) An official transcript for this coursework must be received by Eastern in order for the course to be transferred. No credit will be granted for courses taken at another institution in which the student has earned less than a grade of “B.”Course work to be taken at other institutions during the student’s enrollment at Eastern must be approved in advance.

Are the GRE's an admission requirement?

Submitting GRE scores is not required, but it is strongly recommended for students who have a GPA below 2.8.

How much will the program cost?
My job provides tuition reimbursement. How do you handle that?

Financial aid concerns with regards to payment method, tuition reimbursement, costs, etc. should be referred to the Student Accounts office at (610) 341-5831. For those students wanting to pursue a loan, they can speak to the financial aid office about the process at 610-225-5102 to discuss their individual situation.

Is financial aid available?

Students in the Graduate Counseling and Psychology Programs are eligible to apply for financial aid as full-time students and may apply for assistance through one of the available student loan programs. For additional information, contact the Eastern University Financial Aid office at 610-225-5102 or finaid@eastern.edu

Do you offer Graduate Housing?

Yes! The Village is an apartment living option for Eastern Students over the age of 23 (Village Information Sheet).  Additional questions can be addressed to the Housing Office at Eastern University through Email at: housing@eastern.edu or by calling 610-341-5840.

I took a year off. What do I need to come back into the program?

Application for readmission is required if a student wishes to return after being inactive for 2 or more consecutive semesters, not including the summer sessions. The factors to be considered in readmission will include those considered at the initial admission of the student. In addition, we will seek feedback and recommendations from the department's faculty, Chairperson, and Student Success Advisor. Re-admission check list.

How do I find a job in my field?

The Office for Talent & Career Development is here to equip you with the tools and skills needed to manage your successful job search. We assist students and alumni through one-on-one counseling, facilitating workshops, and providing career-related resources.

  • Resume critique
  • Improve interview skills
  • Learn effective networking
  • Skills assessmentCareer resources
How do I obtain Alumni Course Verification?

The Graduate Counseling and Psychology Department often receives requests from our graduates to verify coursework for their applications to external credentialing bodies (i.e., licensure and certification boards).  Find out more by reading our Alumni Course Verification Information.