How do I apply for Financial Aid?

Before you can file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you (and your parent if you are a Dependent student) must obtain a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID). You can do this by visiting and clicking on the button for “Apply Now”. Once you have your FSA ID, you can then file the FAFSA and sign it electronically online at The Financial Aid Office will receive the results of your FAFSA and once you are fully accepted into a degree-seeking program, your financial aid eligibility will be determined. After your financial aid eligibility is determined, an Award Letter will be mailed to your home address. You can also view the information online at the MyEastern portal-

How do I know if you are missing any information from me?

The Financial Aid Office sends out missing information emails every three weeks.  These emails are sent to your Eastern email account.  The email will give you instructions on how to access the Required Documents section of your account.  Documents that have not yet been received by the Financial Aid Office will appear in the Incomplete section; once we have them, it will then show up as a Received Document.

Is there a deadline for when I need to apply for Financial Aid?

Eastern University does not have a filing deadline. We do encourage students to file their FAFSA as soon as possible. If you are a Pennsylvania Resident, please make sure to file your FAFSA before their deadline of May 1. However, if you miss their deadline, you should still file the FAFSA as they may award a State Grant to students who file after the deadline, if they have funding available.

How do I apply for a loan?

Students are typically eligible for a Federal Direct Stafford Loan from the Department of Education. In order to have the loan funds applied to your bill, you would need to complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Counseling for the Subsidized/Unsubsidized loan online. You will need your FSA ID in order to sign into the website.

What do I do if I have a balance on my bill?

Our website offers helpful information on ways to pay your bill. You can apply for Outside Scholarships, complete the Church Matching Grant form, the Ministerial Discount form, apply for a Parent PLUS Loan/Graduate PLUS Loan, and/or apply for a Private Alternative Loan. The Student Accounts Office (the billing department) also offers payment plan options. For more information on payment plans, please visit their webpage, or contact the Student Accounts Office directly at 610-341-5831 or

Can I decline or reduce the loans I received on my Financial Aid Award Letter?

Yes, you can decline or reduce your loans by making the adjustments directly on MyEastern or by emailing us at It is best to send a loan change request at least 30 days before your loan disbursement in order for our office to make the necessary changes before the funds arrive.

When will I receive my financial aid disbursement?
Who should I contact if I have questions about my financial aid?

All of the staff members of our office are more than happy to assist you and your family with your financial aid inquiries.  The best ways to reach us are by email- or by phone- 610-225-5102.  If you need to send documents to our office, you can mail them to the attention of the Financial Aid Office, fax them to 610-225-5651, or email them to